The Lean Library extension provides quick and simple access to digital content purchased by the University of Melbourne
Use BrowZine to easily find, read, and monitor thousands of scholarly journals available through the University of Melbourne
Turn on "Find it@Unimelb" links when browsing Google Scholar at home
Lean Library puts the library right into your research workflow. This browser plug-in gives you easy access to UniMelb library e-resources anywhere, anytime without forcing you back to Discovery or the Library website. It also allows the library to give you alternative, legal access to journals that hit a paywall.
Worried about privacy?
By using the Lean Library extension you will remain completely anonymous. The Lean Library browser extension doesn’t collect any personal information unless you actively share it. And it doesn’t collect your IP address or your device’s unique device IDs.
Want to know more? See the privacy statement for the extension.
Use the BrowZine app to follow your favorite journals and get notifications on new issues and published articles
BrowZine allows you to:
- Browse titles by subject to easily find journals of interest
- Easily view table of contents of current past journals
- Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
- Share with other researchers by posting to Facebook and Twitter
When you are using Google Scholar off-campus you should set your preferences so that you can link to full-text content available through the Library:
- Go to Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com
- Click the Settings link at the top-left of the page.
- Click the Library links option to the left.
- Enter: 'University of Melbourne Library' in the search box and click the search button.
- Tick the checkbox next to the option: 'University of Melbourne Library - Find It @ Unimelb'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
'Find It @ Unimelb' links will then appear on the Google Scholar search results screen that you can click to access the full-text if it is available through the library.