We provide access to books, journal articles, and other resources which are not available in our libraries.
Please note: If you are having a problem submitting your form please clear your browser cache and try to submit again. Also, using Internet Explorer works.
Who can use the service
- Academic and general staff
- Postgraduate research and higher degree students
- Honours students
- Final year undergraduate students doing research (with your supervisor's approval)
What happens when you place a request
We have two systems to supply you with external materials, ArticleReach Direct and Relais.
Requests for journal articles will be directed into the ArticleReach Direct system first. This ensures that articles are supplied in the fastest time possible. Sometimes we need to transfer the request into Relais to supply.
Please note: requests for articles will appear in your online library borrowing record, not in Relais, however, be aware that in some instances we transfer it to Relais in which case you will need to look there to see your request.
Requests for books and other materials will go straight into the Relais system.
Please note: requests for books will not appear in your online library borrowing record. Please log into Relais to manage your requests.
How to request
Tip: The more information you provide, for instance, the ISBN or ISSN, the more likely it is that we can get your item quickly.
- Search our catalogue and the BONUS+ catalogue first.
- If you can't find what you need fill in this book request form
- Search Discovery to find an online or hardcopy version of the journal article.
- If you can't find the article you need click on the 'ArticleReach Direct' link and the form will be prepopulated with the article details, or type your request directly into the ArticleReach Direct form.
Paper forms for final year undergraduates doing research
If you are a final year undergraduate student you need to fill in a paper form, and get it signed by your supervisor and email it to email@example.com
Australian copyright laws apply to all inter-library loan requests.
We will obtain most things at no cost to you, however, you may be asked to contribute if the costs exceed our preset limit. If this occurs we will contact you.
Collecting your Inter-library loan
We provide copies electronically and books can be collected from the hold shelf at your nominated library. Some material cannot be taken out of the library. When this occurs we notify you prior to making the material available.
Renewing an Inter-library loan
Please request renewals a few days before the due date by:
- logging into Relais and clicking the 'send message' button, or
- contacting the Inter-library loans office during business hours.
Services to other libraries
For Information about how to request material and the associated costs, please go to Services to other libraries