When accessing full-text content available through the Library from Google Scholar you can automate this process in a couple of ways:
Lean Library - Your most efficient option when searching in Google or Google Scholar, is to install the Lean Library browser plugin. It puts access to online resources within your browser and makes your workflow faster and more streamlined.
When you click to view a resource from a Google Scholar search results screen, a popup will show in the top right corner of your browser where you can click through to where the Library has access to the full-text.
For more tools that make access to online resources faster, browse our search tools page.
Your Google Scholar account - You can set your preferences so that you can link to full-text content available through the Library. 'Find It @ Unimelb' links will appear on the Google Scholar search results screen that you can click to access the full-text if it is available through the library.
NOTE: The Find It @ Unimelb pathway requires a lot more clicks to get to the full-text and is not as direct as the Lean Library option.
To add the Library in your Google Scholar settings:
- Go to Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com
- Click the Settings link at the top-left of the page.
- Click the Library links option to the left.
- Enter: 'University of Melbourne Library' in the search box and click the search button.
- Tick the checkbox next to the option: 'University of Melbourne Library - Find It @ Unimelb'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
If you're experiencing issues connecting to our systems, please contact us.