Format for in text citation
In text citation example
Format for reference list
Elements, punctuation & capitalisation
Reference list example
Style notes for this reference type
- The date for a published data set is the year of publication, for unpublished data, the date should be the year of collection.
- Include a retrieval date only if the data set is designed to change over time.
- The title of the data set should be italicized.
- A DOI for datasets should be included as part of the reference. If there is no DOI, include the URL of the webpage where the data is indexed.
- The recommended format for including DOI in references is https://doi.org/xxxxxxxxxx
Explore resources to help with reference management and enable you to effectively integrate and cite sources into your writing and assessment tasks.
View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- In Re:cite, there are multiple templates across different style types for the source I am referencing. What should I do?
- I can’t find the specific source in the style guide or on the Re:cite website. What should I do?
- How do I find a DOI?
- Should I add a DOI, as well as a URL in my reference?