Service for University of Melbourne staff
Do you know:
- How often you are cited?
- Where you are cited?
- How to measure the impact of your creative output?
- Journal impact measures for key journals?
- Your h-index?
Assistance with academic promotion and grant applications
- The University Library can assist academic staff to determine the impact of their publications and other research outputs for grant and promotion applications. We will contact requesters directly to discuss requirements and time-frame for delivery.
- Users of the service are encouraged to submit their requests at least two weeks before they require the report. The RILAS team will make every effort to meet demand for this service during busy periods.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance (please note: University of Melbourne email required).
D.I.Y. publication analysis
Some useful guides if you choose to do your own analysis
- Research Impact: tools for measuring and monitoring the impact of research. Information on calculating citation, journal, book and researcher impact, h-indexes.
- Tracking citations: citation analysis and alerting tools: Web of Science (ISI) , Scopus (Elsevier), Google Scholar (using Publish or Perish).
Research and Publishing Support
Library research consultations for staff and graduate researchers
Request a consultation for assistance with:
- database selection
- literature searching
- strategic publishing
- directories to identify journals and conferences relevant to areas of research/interest
- researcher profiles
- alternative publishing models including Open Access journals