Giblin Eunson library
There are two self-service recording facilities available for staff and student use located on the ground floor of the Giblin Eunson library.
Booking the Giblin Eunson self-service recording facilities
- Check the opening hours for the Giblin Eunson Library. Please note you are not able to access the area during after hours study zone times.
- Use the BookIT system to make your booking (2 hours maximum per day) and adhere to the guidelines and policies information.
Using the Giblin Eunson self-service recording facilities
- Staff and students with a valid card will be able to to access the pod. A swipe card is not required to access the booth. Due to COVID protocols a maximum of two people are permitted in the pod at any one time.
- View the self-service recording pod user guide for detailed instructions on how to use the pod.
- The self-service pod recording console uses a microSD card (purchased separately) or it can be plugged into a BYOD laptop for recording.
- The smaller self-service booth has no in-built recording equipment and is designed for BYOD use.
- There is no computer or webcam in either space but staff are encouraged to use their smartphones to record video if necessary. Learning Environments have detailed production resource guides to assist with producing content.
- As these are self-service spaces, on-demand technical support is limited. To log a technical problem with the equipment in the pod, please use the general enquiry form.
Equipment in the Giblin Eunson self-service recording rooms
Self-service recording pod
- Console: Rodecaster Pro
- Microphone: Two Rode Podcaster mics on boom stands
- Headphones: Two Beyerdynamic DT770 (250 Ohm).
Self-service voice-over booth
- No equipment (BYOD only), power (GPO) is available.