Format for in-text citation
In-text citation example
...this mysticism is evident in af Klint's painting The Swan no.13 Group IX/ SUW (1915)...
An example of this is af Klint's The Swan no.13 Group IX/ SUW (1915).
Format in reference list
Elements, punctuation & capitalisation
Artist (Surname, Given name). Year. Title of image. Medium, dimensions of work. Repository/ Gallery/ Museum, City. DOI/ URL/ Database name.
Reference list example
af Klint, Hilma. 1915. Oil on canvas, 148 x 151 cms. The Moderna Museet, Stockholm. https://sis.modernamuseet.se/en/objects/99853.
Style notes for this reference type
- Titles of artworks are italicised and in headline style. See Manual 3:22
- You should include as much information about the medium and dimensions as you can find. See Manual 3.22 and 3.27
- "Year" refers to the year that the image or artwork was created. If you don’t know the date, use the abbreviation n.d. (no date) or if you only know the approximate date, use he abbreviation c. (circa).
Explore resources to help with reference management and enable you to effectively integrate and cite sources into your writing and assessment tasks .
View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- In Re:cite, there are multiple templates across different style types for the source I am referencing. What should I do?
- I can’t find the specific source in the style guide or on the Re:cite website. What should I do?