Games and apps
You may need to consult more than one section to accurately represent the source used (eg. number of authors and source descriptions)
Format for in-text citation
In-text citation example
In the Move edition of Heavy Rain (Quantic Dream 2012) ...
...as demonstrated by Ubisoft Entertainment in Assassins Creed II (2011).
Format for reference list
Elements, punctuation & capitalisation
Developer. Year. Title of Game/ App. Edition, version. Publisher, year. Operating system required. Additional information [if relevant].
Reference list example
Ubisoft Entertainment. 2011. Assassins Creed II. Xbox 360 Game of the Year Ed. Ubisoft Entertainment. Xbox 360 with PAL designation.
Quantic Dream. 2012. Heavy Rain. PlayStation 3 Move Ed. Sony Computer Entertainment. PlayStation 3.
Ustwo Games. 2014. Monument Valley. iPhone ed., v. 2.5.21. Ustwo Games. iOS 8.0 or later.
Visible Body. 2018. Human Anatomy 2018: Complete 3D Human Body. V. 2018.5.47. Visible Body. Android 5.0 and up.
Style notes for this reference type
- See Manual 15.57 and 14.268. See also Turabian 22.214.171.124.
- The reference list entries are listed with the name of the developer/s first.
- Include version number and information about device, platform or operating system required if available.
- Additional information (such as author, composer, animator) can be added to the end of the citation after operating system. See examples at Manual 15.57.
- Publisher and developer may be the same company.
Explore resources to help with reference management and enable you to effectively integrate and cite sources into your writing and assessment tasks .
View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- In Re:cite, there are multiple templates across different style types for the source I am referencing. What should I do?
- I can’t find the specific source in the style guide or on the Re:cite website. What should I do?