The Digital Stewardship (Research) team aims to modernise scholarly practice via digital techniques and by maximising the value of research data.
Managing Data @Melbourne
We act as part of a network of support and services aiding researchers in managing data. Our services include the Managing Data @Melbourne resource, training and data management planning, and data focused advice.View
Data Champions Network
The Data Champions network is a community of practice for University of Melbourne researchers who have a passion for research data and professional staff who support data-driven research.View
The people, the culture, and the support networks that provide the expertise to build the robust infrastructure required to safeguard digital assets into the future to ensure reuse and reproducibility.View
The Digital Stewardship team at Melbourne provides support, services, training, advice and examples of good practice in data stewardship, digital preservation and research data management.
The team specialises in:
- research data management
- navigating researchers complex needs & compliance relating to data & digital
- building online collections & resources
- data curation, digital archives & University systems
- data forensics & recovery
- non-traditional outputs publishing including citation & retention
- digital preservation & stewardship
- national & international engagement on many of these areas.
You can engage with the team through:
- consultations to seek advice, funding application support, design and establishing data plans and/or systems
- training, workshops, awareness
- Managing Data @ Melbourne online resource & the DMP Melbourne system
- partnering with our experts on projects, either strategic initiatives or research projects.
To contact the Digital Stewardship team you can use the general email firstname.lastname@example.org, or see the direct contacts below.
|Lyle Winton||Manager, Digital Stewardship (Research)||8344 email@example.com|
|Jaye Weatherburn||Program Manager, Digital Preservation||8344 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachel Tropea||Senior Research Archivist||8344 email@example.com|
|Ailie Smith||Senior Research Archivist||8344 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Neish||Program Manager, Stewardship and Open Research||8344 email@example.com|
|Gene Melzack||Data Curator||8344 firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Level 2, Thomas Cherry (Building 201)
The University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3010