Mendeley for Beginners (March)
This online session will introduce you to the basics of using the Mendeley reference management program.
Mendeley is one of the reference management programs supported by the University of Melbourne Library, other options include Zotero and EndNote.
The options for managing references guide will help you to determine which software program best meets your needs and get you started with downloading the software.
Presenters: Sarah Charing and Tanya Wilson
By the end of the webinar you will be able to:
- Recognize the capabilities and limitations of reference management software
- Understand the features of Mendeley and the differences between Mendeley desktop and Mendeley web
- Add references to your Mendeley library using a range of techniques
- Use Mendeley to insert citations and format a bibliography in Word
- This session is open to University of Melbourne staff and students only. Please register using your University email address.
- Please install Zoom prior to the webinar. We recommend sitting in a quiet location and using a headset or headphones. Please test your audio setup prior to the session. For more information on downloading and using zoom, visit https://www.unimelb.edu.au/zoom