Where to Search
Search tools and collection discovery
Find a specific item or source, such as a database or ejournal.
- Discovery searches our collection for books, journals, images, articles and multimedia. Items can be placed on hold or requested via Discovery.
- Catalogue searches our collection of books, ebooks, maps, media
- Databases A-Z lists all Unimelb Libraries databases. Search the list or filter it by database subject, type or vendor.
- eJournals A-Z lists all Unimelb Libraries electronic journals. The list of e-journals is searchable.
- Institutional Repository contains digital versions of research outputs from the staff and students of the University of Melbourne.
- Digitised Collections contains digital images drawn from the University’s extensive collections of original materials.
- University of Melbourne Archives is one of Australia’s largest research archives, open to all.
- Research Guides are prepared by our subject librarians across disciplines and can include recommended search engines, publications and course information.
- Re: cite is a compilation of links for citing and referencing styles to use in your research and writing.
Ask a Librarian
If the University doesn’t have the material you need electronically or in our print collections, you can ask a librarian to investigate other options, including:
- Requesting material from another library on your behalf
- Ordering an electronic copy from the publishers for the library collection, or negotiating with publishers to make an online copy temporarily available to you.
For information on how to search for specific recourses see search tools and apps.