Mendeley is a free reference manager, an academic collaboration network and a crowdsourced database.
- Desktop software is available for Mac, Windows or Linux
- Mendeley Web for all major web browsers
- Mobile versions for Iphone/ IPad and Android devices
Mendeley helps with
- Reference management
- PDF management and annotation
- Research group creation and collaboration
- Networking and discovery
- Backup, sync and mobility
- You can add articles to your reference library directly from any supported website with the Web Importer. The plugin is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE and more.
- A Citation Plugin for Word, Word for Mac or LibreOffice offers support for writing with over 1000 citation styles.
The Library created this useful Mendeley subject guide to answer more of your questions about Installing Mendeley on either Desktop or using Mendeley Web.
The library created a Mendeley subject guide to help you get started with the most basic first steps.
You can start by:
The Mendeley Guides and Videos can provide you with further inspiration and help with using Mendeley.
- For support with Mendeley issues the quickest way is to use the Mendeley Support page.
- Topics are organised by Mendeley Desktop, Mendeley Web, Groups, My Account, Mobile, General, Copyright, Mendeley API etc.
- Guides and Videos are offered as additional support tools.
- Once you have the hang of it, you can join the developer community or become a Mendeley Advisor.