EndNote X8 Coming Soon
A new version of EndNote: EndNote X8 will be made available on library computers, and for University of Melbourne students and staff members to download and install on their computers soon.
EndNote X8 New Features:
New features in EndNote X8 include:
- Share your library with up to 100 other EndNote desktop users on X7.2 or later; providing teams with immediate real time access to the same set of references, attachments, notes and annotations.
- Access the Activity Feed to see what your colleagues are doing in the Shared Library and when new members join.
- New, modern, easy to identify icons - identical across both Mac and Windows.
- Updated workflows for finding reference updates.
- Every X8 library includes a built in Recently Added group which can be customised, allowing users to pick up right where they left off in the research workflow.
- Configure Sync option in the Groups pane to simplify desktop activation process .
- Utilise unlimited file attachment storage in your online library.
- Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word 2016.
Learn More about EndNote X8:
To learn more about EndNote X8, see the EndNote YouTube channel.
There are further training/support materials available on the EndNote website, including:
- The Little EndNote How-To Book
- EndNote Menus Reference Guide
- Quick reference guide: Windows
- Quick reference guide: Mac
Upcoming training from the library:
The library will be running training on EndNote X8 and other reference management tools in semester 1 2017.
For the details of upcoming sessions, and to book your place, see the library's workshop and tours page.