You may need to consult more than one section to accurately represent the source used. (eg. Number of authors and source descriptions)
Format for in text citation
In text citation example
Format for reference list
Elements, punctuation & capitalisation
Reference list example
Style notes for this referencing type
- For medium use videocassette, audiocassette, DVD, etc.
- If there is no author, editors may be moved to the author position.
- Names of producers are added after the medium type. Follow that last named producer with a comma and the word producer or producers.
- If no place of publication can be found but can reasonably be inferred, place the city in square brackets. eg [Melbourne].
- If no publisher can be found, use [publisher unknown].
- If no date of publication can be found, use the copyright date preceded with ‘c’ c2010. If no copyright date can be found, use [date unknown].
Explore resources to help with reference management and enable you to effectively integrate and cite sources into your writing and assessment tasks .
View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- In Re:cite, there are multiple templates across different style types for the source I am referencing. What should I do?
- I can’t find the specific source in the style guide or on the Re:cite website. What should I do?