25 Sept 2020: Mendeley has implemented a series of product changes that may impact on existing users
Mendeley Reference Manager replaced Mendeley Web Library on the 7-9-2020 More information
- Mendeley Desktop is a legacy product and is no longer being updated or supported, so we encourage new users to install Mendeley Reference Manager
- The new Mendeley Cite plug-in for Word and the Reference manager currently has less functionality than the previous tool and doesn't support collaborative documents
- We will continue to update this guide as further product information and functionality is made available.
- Need help? See the Mendeley Support Center
Mendeley is a reference manager, academic collaboration network and crowdsourced database with a unique layer of social information research.
- Reference management products
- Mendeley Reference Manager new
- Mendeley Cite add-in new
- Desktop (legacy product - no longer being updated - we recommend you install Reference Manager)
- Citation Plugin
- Mendeley web importer
- Mendeley for iOS
- See Mendeley's Support Centre for a list of supported browsers and operating systems for each product.
Mendeley Reference Manager
Mendeley Reference Manager focuses on knowledge production and management.
- Add, edit, and organize your references
- Create and manage groups
- Link Mendeley to Microsoft Word and/or create a BibTeX library for a seamless writing experience
- Search Mendeley for relevant scholarly literature on any topic
- Connect citations to PDFs on your computer (or import PDFs directly into Mendeley) for easy PDF management
- Annotate and mark up PDFs that are linked to citations within your library
- Link multiple PDFs and documents to a single reference record within your library