Add references and PDFs
You can add files to Mendeley by:
- Dragging and dropping a pdf into Mendeley
- You can also add files by selecting file and then clicking add files or folder.
- Another way to add files is by selecting file and then clicking "watch folder" to choose a folder to put on watch. Mendeley Desktop will now automatically add files that are added to that folder.
Export references directly from other Elsevier products such as Science Direct or Scopus to Mendeley by:
- When reading an article click the export button then choose "Save to Mendeley"
Add references manually
Manual entry of a bibliographic reference can be completed in both the Mendeley Desktop and Web versions.
- Open File from the tabs in the top left-hand corner
- Select Add Entry Manually from the drop-down options
- Enter the reference details in the New Document box that pops up on the screen
- Select the in the top left-hand corner
- From the drop-down list, select New manual entry
- Enter the reference details in the box that appears on the right-hand side of the screen
Import references from other reference management software
See the link below for instructions for importing your Endnote, RefWorks or Zotero library into Mendeley.