RefWorks and LaTeX
Rather than having to edit your BibTeX bibliographic entries manually, you can manage your references with a reference management program, such as RefWorks, and then export references in BibTeX format.
This will be a helpful guide especially if you already have a well-developed RefWorks library that you would prefer to utilize rather than start entering references from scratch either manually or into another BibTeX based reference management program.
Step-by-step RefWorks and LaTeX guide
Create RefWorks reference list
- If you have not created a RefWorks reference list before please refer to this guide
Export RefWorks into a BibTeX file
- Select the RefWorks folder you wish to export for use in your LaTeX document
- Go to the top of the page and select the References tab
- From the drop-down box click the Export option
- Next, choose the Select an Export Format drop-down box
- Click the BibTeX - RefWorks ID option
- Click the Export References button
- A new tab will appear with a list of the references in BibTeX format. If this doesn't occur then a pop-up box will appear at the bottom of the screen with the options of download or email. Select the most suitable option for you.
- Save page as a new LaTeX document file with the .bib extension. Ensure you save the .bib file into the same folder as your original LaTeX document.