Cite While You Write for Word 2016 for Mac has been released
A new version of EndNote for Mac has been released: EndNote X7.5 which contains critical updates, optimisations and other improvements for:
- Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word 2016,
- Compatibility with OS X El Capitan,
- Sync, and
- Direct Export functionality for OS X Snow Leopard.
You can update your version of EndNote as follows:
- Back up your EndNote library (or libraries) and any custom style files you have created.
- Close Microsoft Word.
- Open EndNote X7 for Mac and you should be prompted to update EndNote to version X7.5: if so, follow the prompts to download and install the update.
- If you are not prompted to install the update, in EndNote select the menu option: 'EndNote X7' > 'Check for Updates...' and then follow the prompts to download and install the update.
If you are using Microsoft Word 2016, after you have installed the EndNote X7.5 update, if you open Word 2016, EndNote X7 should appear in the Ribbon. If you cannot see EndNote X7 in the Ribbon:
- Open EndNote X7.5
- Select: EndNote X7 > Customizer
- Make sure the checkbox for "Cite While You Write” is ticked.
- Click 'Next' until the Customizer is finished.
- Open your EndNote library.
- Then open Word 2016 and check that EndNote X7 is included as a tab in the Ribbon.
If you require assistance with this process: ask for help.