Note: Re:Cite now offers the choice of either APA 6th or APA 7th edition. You should check with your lecturer/supervisor about their version preferences. We will continue to support both APA 6th edition and APA 7th until the end of semester 2 2020. At this time, APA 6th Edition resources will be retired. The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.) is available from the Library.
Summary of the changes between APA6 and APA7
This is an introduction to the American Psychological Association (APA 6th) style which is widely used in the social sciences and other fields, such as education, commerce and nursing.
- Books and Book Chapters (including Music Scores)
- Journal and Magazine Articles
- Newspaper Articles
- Webpages and Social Media
- Audiovisual Media
- PhD and Master's Theses
- Patents and Standards
- Personal Communications
- Figures (graphs, flow charts, charts, illustrations, drawings)
- Working Papers
- Manuscripts and Advance Online Publications
- Meetings and Symposia (Conferences)
- University Course Materials(Slides and Lecture Notes)