Readings Online allows you to add, organize and control your readings and ensures copyright compliance. Access to Readings Online is seamless via your LMS subject page.
Readings Online: Benefits of the Service
Readings Online is a service for academic staff that provides access to subject readings via the LMS and manages the University’s copyright obligations when making copyright material available to students.
New specialized software has meant improvements for staff making subject readings available – it’s quicker and easier – and also for students accessing the readings.
To manage risk and be copyright compliant, staff must use Readings Online when providing access to PDFs of subject readings. Staff can also upload images, sound recordings and music and video clips.
Other benefits in using Readings Online include:
- Students will have a consistent experience. Readings Online is integrated with the LMS making it easy for students to find their subject readings regardless of subject.
- All readings regardless of format can be found in one location. Readings Online supports not just pdfs of documents but also images, sound recordings, film clips and websites.
- Readings can be easily organised into categories as desired, e.g. by week, by topic, by format, or the type of reading, for example ‘required’ or ‘optional’.
- Readings are provided in an accessible format, ensuring that all students can access their readings and assisting the University to meet its accessibility obligations.
- Statistics are provided on how many students have accessed each reading.
- Once readings have been added to the Readings Online database, they can be easily shared by other subjects and reused the following year.