Visualise Your Thesis competition 2018
We invite all University of Melbourne graduate research students to participate in the University's 2018 "Visualise Your Thesis" competition, which will run from Monday 16 July until Sunday 19 August.
The competition gives graduate researchers the opportunity to:
- showcase their research to a broad audience
- build effective communication and design skills
- represent the University in a national showcase
- win some great prizes: 1st prize: $1,000 VISA card; 2nd prize: $500 VISA card; 3rd prize: $250 VISA card, and a Viewers' Choice $100 VISA card
Using the competition template and with a time limit of 60 seconds, graduate researchers can include video, sound, animation images, text and visualisation to develop a dynamic, audio-visual "elevator pitch" (e-poster) to communicate their research to a non-specialist audience.
- Submissions accepted from: Monday 16 July.
- Entries close: Sunday 19 August 2018.
Workshops, webinars & technical clinics provided:
- Keep it short, sharp and to the point: Working with text
- Design your ePoster: Make it visual
- Create your ePoster with PowerPoint
- Test your ePoster Drop-in sessions
For more information and workshop bookings http://go.unimelb.edu.au/syv6.