Open Access and Your Thesis (March)
This webinar, delivered by the Scholarly Communications team and Copyright Office, is intended for graduate research students and supervisors. The webinar covers topics that will provide an overview of everything you need to know prepare a PhD or Masters by Research thesis for the University of Melbourne's Open Access Repository.
There will be time during the webinar for questions and answers.
The topics include:
- University of Melbourne policy governing public access to graduate research theses
- Systems used for examination and open access publishing: TES and Minerva Access
- Benefits of making a thesis open access, along with a consideration of potential issues
- Selecting and applying embargo periods to protect commercial IP, patent applications, legally/politically sensitive information, and your ability to publish
- Managing 3rd-party copyright
- Issues to be aware of early if planning to submit a thesis-with-publication
Register for the session using the book now link to the left. Once you're registered, you will receive a Zoom invite. Check your university email account a few days before your session to find your meeting invitation.