Mendeley Institutional Edition
University of Melbourne staff and students now have access to Mendeley Institutional Edition.
Upgrade from free to institutional access by following the steps below:
- Create a free account at https://www.mendeley.com using your unimelb.edu.au email address. If you have a personal username and password for another Elsevier product, such as ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal or ClinicalKey, the same login details will work here in Mendeley.
- Upgrade to the Institutional Edition by visiting the University of Melbourne Mendeley Group page. You should then receive an email which confirms your account has been upgraded.
- You will then be able to access your Institutional Edition account via https://www.mendeley.com.
- To maintain access to the Institutional Edition you will need to re-verify your account via the University of Melbourne Mendeley Group page at least once every 12 months.
- If you have an existing Mendeley account using a personal email address and wish to join the University of Melbourne Institutional Edition: Login to your account, go to settings, change your email address to your unimelb.edu.au address. Follow the instructions at Step 2 above.
- 100 GB personal storage instead of 2 GB with the 'free account'
- 100 GB shared storage instead of 100 MB with the 'free account'
- Unlimited private groups of up to 100 collaborators instead of 5 private groups of up to 25 collaborators
For more information on Mendeley, visit the self-help guide.