BONUS+ allows all staff and students to request books from participating libraries and have them delivered to any University of Melbourne branch library, where borrowing them is as simple as checking them out onto your University of Melbourne borrowing record.
How to request
- Search in the catalogue for the item you want.
- If we do not have the book you want, or it is not currently available, click on the BONUS+ icon to repeat the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- If the title is available in the BONUS+ catalogue, the number of other libraries who hold the title will be displayed
- You can request the item using the 'Request This Item' link.
- You will be asked to login into Single Sign On if you aren't already logged in
- Choose the pickup location.
- Click the 'Submit' button.
View or cancel your requests
You can see the status of holds, as well as cancelling some, or all of the items via your library borrowing record.
How long it takes
Your request should be ready to collect within 7 working days but you'll receive an email notification when it's ready to pick up.
How long we keep your hold for
We keep your item on the hold shelf for five working days. Unfortunately we are unable to extend the time we keep the item for you.
Where to collect requests
|Library||Where to collect holds|
|Baillieu||High Use area (Self service collection)|
|Brownless Biomedical||High Use area (Self service collection)|
|Giblin Eunson Business, Economics & Education||High Use area (Self service collection)|
|Law||High Use area (Self service collection)|
|Southbank||High Use area (Self service collection): Ground floor|
|Veterinary Science at Parkville||Service desk|
|Veterinary Science at Werribee||Service desk|
* Holds for self service collection are filed under the first three letters of your surname.
|Borrower type||Number of requests/loans||Loan period||Renewals|
|Undergraduates & Honours||5||21 days||2|
|Postgraduate & Higher degree||10||21 days||2|
BONUS+ items are checked out on your University of Melbourne Library borrowing record and can be renewed up to two times.
Simply renew as you would your normal library items. More information on renewals.
You can return BONUS+ items to any of our libraries.
The request will stay visible and counts towards your total requests until it reaches its home library.
Fines apply to overdue material. BONUS+ fines are the same as for our 28 day loan items. More information on fines.
Lost BONUS+ items
If you lose a BONUS+ item there is a standard $125 replacement cost. Please contact the Resource Sharing Team to report a lost item.
Check participating libraries.
For more information
Please ask our staff for more details or visit the BONUS+ website.