We provide access to books, journal articles, and other resources which are not available in our libraries.
Who can use the service
- Academic and general staff
- Postgraduate research and higher degree students
- Honours students
- Final year undergraduate students doing research (with your supervisor's approval)
What happens when you place a request
We have two systems to supply you with external materials, Article Reach Direct and Relais.
Article Reach Direct
Requests for journal articles will be directed into the Article Reach Direct system first. This ensures that articles are supplied in the fastest time possible. Sometimes we then need to transfer the request into Relais to supply.
Requests for books and other materials will go straight into the Relais system.
Please note: requests for books will not appear in your online library borrowing record. Please log into Relais to manage your requests.
How to request
Tip: The more information you provide, for instance, the ISBN or ISSN, the more likely it is that we can get your item quickly.
Books and other materials
- Search our catalogue and the BONUS+ catalogue first.
- If you can't find what you need please fill in a request form
- Search Discovery to find an online or hard copy version of the journal article.
- If you can't find the article you need click on the 'Article Reach Direct' link and the form will be populated with the article details. Please ensure the details are correct.
- You can also type your request directly into the request form
Paper forms for final year undergraduates doing research
If you are a final year undergraduate student you need to fill in a paper form, and get it signed by your supervisor and email it to email@example.com.
Australian copyright laws apply to all inter-library loan requests.
We will obtain most things at no cost to you, however, you may be asked to contribute if the costs exceed our preset limit. If this occurs we will contact you.
Collecting your Inter-library loan
We provide copies electronically.
Books can be collected from the hold shelf at your nominated library. Books stay on the hold shelf for 5 business days. If you need an extension, please let us know.
Please note: some material cannot be taken out of the library. If this is the case we'll let you know when we sent you you hold collection notification.
Renewing an Inter-library loan
Please request renewals a few days before the due date by:
- logging into Relais and clicking the 'send message' button, or
- contacting the Inter-library loans office during business hours.
Services to other libraries
For Information about how to request material and the associated costs see Services to other libraries.