Most Library research skills programs for undergraduate students are actually embedded within specific subjects as part of all major degrees. However, the Library also provides a range of online resources to help undergraduate students develop essential library research skills.
Introduction to the Library & searching the literature
Watch recordings of library webinars on reference management, on topics such as:
- Which reference manager: EndNote, Mendeley or Zotero?
- Zotero for beginners
- Mendeley for beginners
- EndNote for beginners
- EndNote for advanced users
Further information can be found at:
Microsoft Office, Adobe & Google Apps
- Pick It Up Online - online training resource for University of Melbourne students and staff
- Office 365 - online training resource for University of Melbourne students and staff
How to register
- Click the link for the session you are interested in.
- Click the 'Register' link to the right of the session date/time and location you prefer.
- Log in using your University of Melbourne username and password.
NB: Some sessions are only open to students of a certain level of study or from particular faculties. See session notes for eligibility details.
View your registrations
- Log in to your Library Account via the 'Login to your Library borrowing record' link on the library homepage.
Cancel a registration
- Log in to your Library Account via the 'Login to your Library borrowing record' link on the Library homepage.
- Click the 'Program currently registered' link.
- Select the session you wish to cancel, then click the 'Cancel selected items' link.
If you cancel your registration:
- You can register for another session with the same title, and
- You will allow people on Waitlists to attend.
Waitlists operate for popular sessions. If you are on a Waitlist, you will automatically receive a place if one becomes available.