Students, staff and members of the University community are contributing to a review of the Scholarly Services portfolio.
The Review Panel have received and read 70 submissions from students and staff. During the week of 26 to 30 June 2017 the Panel members are on campus, meeting with a variety of people to explore ideas and questions in more depth.
The Scholarly Services portfolio comprises the University’s library and scholarly information management services, collections management, and core educational technology services.
Scholarly Services is part of the broader Academic Services department, which is led by the Deputy Head University Services and Registrar. In 2016 several senior roles became vacant in Academic Services and with other changes occurring at the same time the opportunity arose to undertake a short review of the Scholarly Services portfolio.
Scope of the review
The review will evaluate the current state of Scholarly Services operations, test the current state against strategic drivers, and explore opportunities to enhance the interfaces in and between workgroups.
In particular, the Review Panel will explore:
- Appropriateness of existing services for supporting academic teaching, management of learning administration platforms, supporting research and engagement programs, and meeting student needs
- Capacity and capability to achieve the University’s strategic aspirations
- Sustaining service provision and enhancing programs in priority areas
- Facilitating cross-workgroup engagement, problem-solving and service integration
- Positioning staff to respond with agility to evolving customer needs and requirements
The Review Panel comprises stakeholders from within and outside the University.
The panel members are:
- Professor Jane Long, former Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, La Trobe University (Panel chair)
- Professor Nicholas Haslam, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, UoM
- Ms Sue Roberts, University Librarian, University of Auckland
- Ms Sally Hirst, consultant
- Ms Anastasia Slipper, Faculty of the VCA-MCM, UoM
- Ms Jane Richards, Faculty of the VCA-MCM
The Panel’s final report and recommendations will be submitted to the Deputy Head University Service and Academic Registrar, Mr Neil Robinson.
The review started in May and concludes on 30 June 2017.
Stay in touch, have your say
Students, staff and other members of the University community are welcome to participate in this review:
- Send submissions, comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your UoM email address to subscribe for occasional email updates about the review
Closing date for submissions: Sunday 18 June 2017.
Terms of reference (PDF File / 109.0 KB)