Recent news from the University Library
<< Newer items | Older items >>
23 Apr 2015
10 Apr 2015
Scopus A-Z for Researchers -- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature. This workshop will provide a detailed, practical demonstration of the complete platform.
Features covered will include:
- Author Evaluator: how to use this feature to assess your research performance and find collaborators.
- Setting alerts: track yourself and other key researchers in your fields.
- Developing collaborative networks.
- Understand how content evaluation can increase your success in finding new research trends.
- Journal Analyser: how journal publication and citation metrics can be used your advantage to assess journal quality and impact.
Monday 20 April 2015, 2:45-4:15pm. Baillieu Library, Dulcie Hollyock Room. Bookings essential.
19 Mar 2015
On Saturday 21 March and Sunday 22 March 2015, access to BONUS+ will be disrupted due to essential IT maintenance.
Searching & requesting will not be possible during most of this period, but loans and renewals will be available.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
17 Mar 2015
Which reference manager? EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley or Zotero? -- Session for graduate students and staff.
This session will look at the pros and cons of EndNote, Refworks, Zotero and Mendeley and give researchers an insight into which reference management software might best suit their research needs.
Thursday 19 March 2:00 - 3:30pm.
17 Mar 2015
The University Library can assist academic staff to determine the impact of their publications and other research outputs for promotion applications.
For more information or to contact the service visit the Research Impact Library Advisory Service page.
11 Mar 2015
- the Library Catalogue
- Library Loans, Renewals, Holds and Fines Payment
- Loans and other library information in the Student Portal
- Relais Interlibrary Loans (for staff only)
03 Feb 2015
29 Jan 2015
There will be restricted access to the collections and seating on the Lower Ground Floor of the Baillieu Library until Monday 2nd February 2015.
The carpet in the Percy Baxter Learning Centre (1st floor, Baillieu Library) will also be replaced during the week commencing 2nd February. There will be no access to this area except for prior bookings in the eLearning Studios.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Please see Service Desk staff on the ground floor for more information, or contact Karen Kealy on 8344 8307.
14 Jan 2015
Please note the Library Catalogue & Loans System (Millennium) will
be unavailable this Friday, 16 Jan 2014, from approx. 7.30 to 8.30 am due to essential
The following services will be unavailable during this time –
• Library web catalogue
• loans, holds, renewals etc.
• renewals, hold cancellation and library patron information in the student portal
• Relais Interlibrary Loans access for staff (but students will be able to
Apologies for the inconvenience.
26 Nov 2014
Extended summer loans start 27th November.
You can have 28-day loans for 45 days over the Christmas period, no need to rush back from your holidays.