Recent news from the University Library
<< Newer items | Older items >>
12 Dec 2013
Lecture Capture Maintenance Monday 16th December -- The Lecture Capture service is undergoing scheduled maintenance on Monday 16th December from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
The Lecture Capture service will be undergoing required system maintenance this Monday 16 December 2013 from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
All efforts have been taken to minimise system disruption and user impact. The following services will be affected:
1. Lectures recorded during the system maintenance will be queued for processing, and may take a few hours longer than usual to be made available to students.
2. Students will be unable to view existing Lecture Capture recordings during the system upgrade.
If you require access to Lecture Capture recordings during this period, we recommend that recorded lectures be downloaded for offline viewing before 9am Monday 16th December.
We thank you for your understanding and patience during this period.
With best wishes,
Academic and Learning Systems Support team
09 Dec 2013
Over the Summer break, the Baillieu Library is undertaking a major program of collection moves in order to improve navigation and access to the collection. The project will involve simplifying the number of location codes within the Baillieu Library by integrating the General, B (Research), and Folio Collections into one sequence. It is anticipated that the project will be completed by the start of Semester One, 2014. In the interim, there will inevitably be some disruption for researchers and summer school students. Staff and students are encouraged to ask for assistance from Library staff if they experience any difficulty in finding materials.
05 Dec 2013
The interlibrary loans & document delivery (ILL) client interface (Relais) will be down for a system upgrade from 4.30pm on Friday 13 December 2013. During this time the request forms will be unavailable and ILL clients will not be able to log into their Relais account or make requests. Normal service will resume at 9am on Monday 16 December 2013. After the changes have been made, the links to the request forms will have changed and regular ILL users will have to update their bookmarks.
If you have any questions about this, please contact the interlibrary loans on (03) 8344 5388 or email email@example.com
04 Dec 2013
Summer loan rules -- Summer loan rules are currently in effect.
Summer loan rules have been turned on. Items that are normally 28 day loans will be checked out for 45 days now so that you don't have to rush to return things as soon as we re-open on the 2nd of January.
07 Nov 2013
28 Oct 2013
Germaine Greer archive finds a home at our Archives -- Germaine Greer archive finds a home at our Archives
28 Oct 2013
The Inter Library Loans web request form is available to all users again.
We apologise for the inconvenience whilst it was unavailable last week.
25 Oct 2013
Need some introductory EndNote training? -- EndNote basics: training for staff and graduate students (Parkville campus)
- navigating the program interface
- setting up Groups
- exporting records from databases
- attaching full-text articles
- working with MS Word
Book for Windows: Tuesday, 29 October, 10:00am-12:00pm
Book for Mac: Thursday, 31 October, 10:00am-12:00pm
22 Oct 2013
The InterLibrary Loans online order form is currently not allowing academic staff to sign in. We apologise for this delay and ITS is working on a resolution.
You can order ILL's by calling the Interlibrary Loans unit between 9-5 weekdays on 8344 5388.
Or you can email details of the item you want ordered directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
21 Oct 2013
Open Access Week 2013 -- Open Access Week is being celebrated by libraries and other organisations worldwide during 21-27 October 2013.
- Browse the Open Access journals published by the University of Melbourne.
- Services and advice on Open Access for University of Melbourne researchers.
- The University of Melbourne Institutional Repository (UMER) provides Open Access to Academic Staff Works, Theses, the Graeme Clark Collection and Professional Staff Works.
- RMIT will host a range of events during Open Access week more information
- La Trobe will hold a seminar: Open Access and Scholarly Publishing on Friday 25th October
- Victoria University will hold a forum: Open access: enhancing research visibility.
- Recording of Open Access panel discussion on ARC and NHRMC open access policies with Professor Aidan Byrne, CEO of the ARC, and Professor Warwick Anderson, CEO of the NHMRC held on 16th October 2013.
- International Open Access Week activities and resources.
- Open Access is a hot topic for news, analysis and comment at The Conversation.
- Search the international Directory of Open Access Journals to find a publication in your field of interest.