Lenton Parr Music, Visual and Performing Arts Library
The Lenton Parr Music, Visual and Performing Arts Library supports the learning, teaching and research activities of the Faculty of the Victorian College of the Arts and Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, University of Melbourne. The Library is located at the Southbank campus of the University of Melbourne.
The Library is named in honour of Lenton Parr (1924-2003), the distinguished sculptor, arts educator and Founding Director of the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
The Library's collection was founded with the National Gallery School Library collection when the VCA was proclaimed in 1972. The two founding Schools of Art and Music provided early strengths in these areas including books, journals, music scores and sound recordings.
The addition of the Schools of Drama, Dance, Film and TV, and Production in the following decades are reflected in the collection, with extensive audiovisual collections on laser disc, video and DVD.
The Library works closely with the Louise Hanson-Dyer Music Library, located at the Parkville campus, to support the teaching and research needs of the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (MCM) and the School of Contemporary Music (VCA) across the Parkville and Southbank sites.
The Lenton Parr Library is located at the Southbank campus of the University of Melbourne.
The Southbank campus is bordered by St Kilda Road, Grant Street, Sturt Street and Southbank Boulevard. If you are travelling by tram along Swanston Street and St Kilda Road, disembark at tram stop number 17.
The Lenton Parr Library is on the first floor of the Hub Building, Building H, above the café.