Its collections cover the areas of:
- forest and plantation hydrology
- community forestry
- fire ecology and management
- forest industries and wood products
- forests climate change and greenhouse research
- native forest ecology and restoration
- tree developmental biology and forest biotechnology
- tree ecophysiology
tree plantations and health.
An extensive research and teaching collection of books, reports, proceedings in the areas of forest science and related subjects.
The periodical collection includes a large range of national and international journals on forest science and related disciplines in both print and electronic form.
Creswick Special collection
The Creswick Special Collection includes a range of historic books on forestry and related disciplines that were published in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.