Giving to the Library
We need your help to digitise and conserve our unique collections, construct state of the art facilities and meet the needs of our students and researchers.
Your support for the library, the intellectual heart of the university, will enrich the whole university community and leave a lasting legacy for the scholars of tomorrow.
How to give
Make a monetary gift
Follow the instructions provided on the form and please choose the option ‘Library and Cultural Collections’ for the gift purpose to ensure your gift is directed to the library.
Make a gift of published material or other items
The library welcomes gifts such as books, prints, archival items or other items that:
- Will support the learning, teaching and research endeavours of the University, or
- Are rare or unusual, and
- Meet the criteria of our Collection Development Policy.
We also appreciate financial support to meet the costs of the preservation, repair, cataloguing and storage of gifts.
To discuss your gift, please contact:
Mary Ann Gibson
(03) 8344 7793
Join Friends of the Baillieu Library
The Friends of the Baillieu Library help us to buy items of special importance, including rare books, prints and manuscripts.
By joining the Friends of the Baillieu library you can support the library and receive benefits such as:
- Invitations to special events throughout the year,
- A substantial discount on the library membership/borrowing fee,
- A 15% discount for the University Bookshop, and
- A complimentary subscription to the publication University of Melbourne Collections.
See the Friends of the Baillieu Library webpage for more information and to download a membership form.