You can use the 'Request' button in the catalogue to have a book that is available at another campus delivered to the library of your choice.
Items that can be requested
- 7 day loans
- 28 loans
- 90 day loans
How to request
- Search the catalogue for the item you want.
- If the item status is 'Available' but its at another campus click the 'Request' button.
- Log in at the 'Single Sign On' screen using your username and password if you're from the University of Melbourne. If you're not from the university click the 'Login as a visitor' button and type your name and barcode.
- Select which library you will collect the item from.
- Click the 'Submit book request' button.
- If there's more than 1 copy of the item you will need to select a copy.
- Click on "Request selected item".
View or cancel your requests
To see the status of holds, as well as cancelling some, or all of the items:
- Tip - requested books show as 'In Transit' while in the mail
How long it takes
- Allow up to 7 days for your book to arrive.
Notification that your request is ready to collect
- We email you when your requested book is ready to collect.
How long we keep your requested book
- 28/90 day loans - 7 days
- 7 day loans - 3 days
Where to collect requests
|Library||Where to collect holds|
|Baillieu||High use area (self service collection)|
|Brownless Biomedical||High use area (self service collection)|
|Eastern Resource Centre (ERC)||High use area (self service collection)|
|Giblin Eunson Business, Economics & Education||High use area (self service collection)|
|Law||High use area (self service collection)|
|Lenton Parr at Southbank Campus||Service desk|
|Louise Hanson-Dyer Music||Service desk|
|Veterinary Science at Parkville||Service desk|
|Veterinary Science at Werribee||Service desk|
Hold requests for self service collection are filed under the first three letters of your surname.