When you can't find an item on the shelf
- Check that you have the call number and location correct.
- Confirm that the book is supposed to be on the shelf and not out on loan. If the status says 'recently returned' it may be in the returns room, on a sorting shelf, or on a sorting trolley.
- Ask at the service desk when the book was last borrowed. If no-one has used the book in a long time it might be missing.
- Check with library staff if you're looking in the right place.
If the item is missing
- Search the BONUS+ catalogue to see if you can get it from another university. You'll need to have library staff mark the item as 'missing' in the catalogue before you can place your request.
- Check to see if you can borrow the item from another library in the CAVAL reciprocal borrowing program.
More information about the CAVAL reciprocal borrowing program
- Staff and postgraduates can request an inter-library loan.
More information about inter-library loans